Job Title:Hotel Desk Clerk
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:Army Installation Management Command
Job Announcement Number:QCSMR120004598829OC
$12.00 / Per Hour|
|Monday, January 30, 2012 to Monday, December 31, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Intermittent - Intermittent NTE NTE 6 months|
|1 vacancy(s) - Seward, AK United StatesView Map|
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
|United States Citizens|
Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army!
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
This position is located in Seward, Alaska at Seward Military Resort.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
DUTIES:Back to top
Makes reservations for incoming guests based on room availability. Interviews incoming guests to determine room assignment. Assists clientele in the completion of required forms and registration cards. Answers questions pertaining to rules and regulations governing the assignment and use of quarters; issues room keys. Provides statement of non-availability when applicable. Posts registration information on the registration card. Orients guests concerning use of facilities and equipment, and other facilities available on post. Answers billing questions and concerns. Assists or arranges transportation. Computes charges for guests checking out, receives payments and room keys; renders receipts. At end of shift, accounts for and secures cash.
Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide at the level necessary to complete required reports and use a computer for word processing or data entry. Good verbal communication and customer service skills. One-year hotel fron desk experience is preferred.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Social Security card must be presented at time of appointment.
5. May be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
6. Approximate dates of employment are from 1 May 2012 - 15 September 2012.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening criteria and other characteristics.
BENEFITS:Back to top
Flexible positions do not enable employees to Army NAF Benefits.
To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities are an equal opportunity employer.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date reflected on the announcement.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application you may use the following link: https://applicationmanager.gov/. After applying, return to Application Manager or your member account in USAJOBS to see the status of your application, including any messages that may have been sent to you.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire,
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire
http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf, and3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to (478)757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload:
1. Complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following 598829
2. Fax your documents to (478)757-3144.
The following documents are required:
- Resume or Optional Application for Nonappropriated Employment (DA 3433/DA 3433-1).
- Questionnaire must be completed.
- Veterans' and Involuntary Separated Military Preference documentation (DD-214 member 4 copy) required.
- PCS Orders for Military Spouses requesting Spouse Employment Preference (SEP) required.
Use this checklist to make sure you've submitted everything!
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After we receive your complete application package (including all required documents), your qualifications will be reviewed and assigned an initial rating. We will also review your application to make sure that your résumé supports the answers given in the questionnaire. If your résumé does not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. Based on your ranking or numerical score, you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified when your rating is determined. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for the position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors and omissions may affect your eligibility.