Job Title:Medical Support Assistant (OA)
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Medical Command
Job Announcement Number:EUHU120679MED697033R
$31,871.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, July 03, 2012 to Monday, December 31, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Multiple Schedules - Permanent|
|1 vacancy(s) in the following locations: |
Landstuhl GermanyView Map
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED:
|Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles) |
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
***Applications referred to this announcement will be issued on an as needed basis. Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.***
***Position will be filled at Various Departments within Landstuhl Regional Medical Center.***
Multiple work schedules may be filled with this announcement. Please indicate your availability for work schedule (full-time, part-time, intermittent, shift work) in the "Employment Preferences" section of the Army Resume Builder.
This position is located in Landstuhl, Germany. Landstuhl is part of the Kaiserslautern/Ramstein complex. There are ten large dependents' schools in the immediate area. Ramstein Air Base is the headquarters for the American Air Force in Europe; Landstuhl is located near a main east-west autobahn, 11 miles west of Kaiserslautern and 2 miles southwest of Ramstein. For information regarding Landstuhl, please visit our website www.landstuhl.healthcare.hqusareur.army.mil
Who May Apply: Click here for more information.
- Current Civilian Army employees with competitive status
- DoD Transfer (excluding Army)
- Non-DoD Transfer
- Executive Order 13473 for Certain Military Spouses
- 30% Disabled Veteran
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
- Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) Interchange
- Military Spouse Preference for Overseas Employment
- Family Member Preference for Overseas Employment
- Family Member Preference for Overseas Employment on LWOP
- Excepted Service Family Member for Overseas Employment
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
- Proficiency requirements for office automation positions are: 40 wpm typing
DUTIES:Back to top
Duties: You will perform receptionist, record keeping, typing, and other miscellaneous clerical duties in support of a Medical Treatment Facility; receive telephone calls regarding the availability of and procedures for obtaining medical assistance; interview patient's who request initial treatment or unscheduled examinations, and obtains information regarding the type of medical problem, and prior treatment; initiate appointments for treatment and tests such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory examinations; obtain all medical charts prior to patient's arrival; review charts of patient's being discharged from clinic for completeness of information and makes new appointments.; refer patient's not eligible for treatment to supervisor or other hospital service; review charts to determine patient's eligibility for requested medication; prepare communications, schedules, reports, and correspondence with responsibility for format, spelling, punctuation, arrangement and spacing of material.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: To receive consideration for this position, applicants must possess 1 year of general experience equivalent performing work in: Progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled. Such experience may be executing basic office automation functions such as storing and retrieving electronic documents or files; producing letters and memoranda according to correct grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation and terminology; entering or retrieving data from a spreadsheet or database.
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the Office of Personnel Management's (OPM's) basic qualifications requirements, and the skills needed to perform the duties of this position as described above.
Qualified typist is required (40wpm).
Applicant must possess one year of general experience in progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled or 2 years of higher education above High School, or a combination of experience and education. Education can be substituted for experience. Review the qualification requirements for specific information.
- Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
- On your resume, please include college/university, dates attended, degree achieved, semester hours earned, GPA, major field of study, 24 semester hours of specific courses and course hours in your major. Failure to provide this education information on your resume may result in an ineligible rating.
- Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please include this information in your resume.
- Foreign Education: Education that has been completed in a foreign college or university may be used to meet the job requirements. In order to receive credit in the examination for your foreign education, you must have your foreign education evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education credentials. Such education must be declared the equivalent of similar undergraduate or graduate work in a U.S. institution.
Click here for more information.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be reviewed to verify that you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements. Your responses to the questionnaire will be used to evaluate your relevant personal, educational, and work experiences.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at http://www.opm.gov/ctap/index.asp.
BENEFITS:Back to top
The Department of Defense offers excellent benefits programs some of which may include:
- Comprehensive health and life insurance
- Competitive salaries
- Generous retirement programs
- Paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time
- Flexible work environment and alternate work schedules
- Paid employment related training and education
- Possible student loan repayment
- Payment of licenses, certification, and academic degrees as applicable
- Bonuses, incentives, and awards as appropriate for the job.
For more information on benefits and entitlements please visit:
Click here for more information.
- If you update your resume after your initial self-nomination, you must submit a new self-nomination.
- If you decline a position covered by this announcement and want to be reconsidered, you must submit a new self-nomination.
- Multiple positions will be filled from this announcement.
- May require shift work and/or work on rotating shifts to provide coverage on evenings, weekends, holidays and in other situations.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available on http://www.cpms.osd.mil/ASSETS/E8AB932EA1E44617BAC7222922E42A62/DoDl140025-V300.pdf.
- In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e. retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8416(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD instructions 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19 at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/131519p.pdf.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- Europe VRA policy.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- The initial length of this overseas tour is three years.
- Candidates initially selected from the U.S. may be eligible for certain foreign area benefits
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your resume
2. Your responses to the questionnaire
3. Additional required documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Monday, December 31, 2012.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID697033. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire,
2. Print the 1203FX form to provide your response to the questionnaire http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf, and
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
The following documents are required:
- If the position has an education requirement or you are qualifying based on a combination of education and experience or solely on education, you MUST submit your college transcripts with your application
- You MUST submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package. These documents may include, but are not limited to: for current employment verification, a SF-50 or DD3434; for MSP claims, PCS orders and marriage certificate; for verification of Veteran status, DD214 (which indicates character of service) SF-15, VA Letter and/or Activation/Deactivation orders.
If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and will not be considered any further.
PLEASE NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents like military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for other than the applicant. These documents may be sanitized to remove such personal information before submission with the application. Applicants may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents upon selection to confirm eligibility.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If no email address is provided, applicant is responsible for checking status updates and notifications in Applicant Manager. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to applicant.
For questions regarding the status of your application, eligibility or qualifications determination contact: firstname.lastname@example.org