Successful completion of an undergraduate Degree that included or was supplemented by major study (at least 24 semester hours) in child development or early childhood education, or other fields appropriate to the position to be filled consistent with:
For positions in CDC, FCC or CLEOS an undergraduate degree with a major course of study in Early Childhood Education/Child Development or Elementary Education is required.
For positions in SAS an undergraduate degree in Early Childhood/Child Development; Youth Development; Elementary and Secondary Education is required.
For positions in a middle school/teen program, an undergraduate degree in youth development, elementary education and secondary education is required.
Combination of education and experience as follows:
Successful completion of at least 24 semester hours in a major course of study in an appropriate CYS field commensurate with the program assigned as indicated above , plus appropriate work experience that provided knowledge skills and abilities directly related to the duties described in the fields appropriate to the position. Appropriate experience and course work must be comparable to that normally acquired through the successful completion of the four-year course of study described above. In addition, candidate must possess:
1. At least twelve (12) months experience working in child and youth programs.
2. At least one year of experience in the same or similar work equivalent to at least the next lower grade or level requiring application of the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the position being filled.
3. The ability to plan and organize work, analyze problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data and recognize solutions.
4. Experience in planning and conducting training for child and youth staff.
5. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
6. The physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, walk, bend, stoop and stand on a routine basis. Duties may involve working both indoors and outdoors.
A Bachelor's degree in the appropriate field as indicated above, and two years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree or equivalent graduate degree in a directly related field is fully qualifying for the position.
A minimum of 24 semester hours in a major as stated above.
On your resume, please include college/university, dates attended, degree achieved, semester hours earned, GPA, major field of study, 24 semester hours of specific courses and course hours in your major.
Conditions of employment:
1. A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection.
2. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
4. All required background checks of AR 215-3, must be successfully completed and maintained including Child and Youth National Agency Check with Inquiries (CNACI); to include a health assessment is required.
5. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
6. Priority consideration will be given to current and former NAF and current DOD APF employees serving in a continuous APF position without time limits for at least one year.
7. A health assessment is required. Satisfactory performance, successful completion of training requirements and demonstrated on the job competency is required.
8. Travel to on and off post locations required.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the knowledge, skills, and abilities as described in your resume.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.