Attention Students, Student Veterans, Recent Grads, and Student Counselors…
Get the most up-to-date information federal opportunities for students!
Pathways Internships are now posted on USAJOBS for both internships and recent graduates. Learn how to write a federal resume, internship resume, and cover letter to apply for Pathways applications. View sample federal resumes that feature details about projects and papers from your coursework. Learn how to read a vacancy announcement to match your resume to the position. This book is absolutely invaluable for any current student or recent graduate.
The government offers many opportunities for students and new grads that can lead to a lifetime career. This guide provides a roadmap for finding the federal internships and jobs, and for applying in the best ways. The book features eight success stories, complete with both internship resumes and federal resumes for USAJob openings. These resumes require a specific format, and they’re longer than private industry resumes.
- Outlines the benefits of working for Uncle Sam, including possible tuition reimbursement.
- Discover that just about any job you can think of can be found in the federal government.
- Includes an entire chapter describing all the student programs, including Internships, SCEP, STEP, Fellowships, Work Study, etc.
- STUDENTS: Learn how to blend courses, majors, papers, projects, and all that you’re doing in college into an internship resume or federal resume that stands out!
- STUDENT VETERANS (INCLUDING THOSE ATTENDING COLLEGE UNDER THE GI BILL): Find instruction for matching your military experience in your resume to a desired position. Plus, veteran tips are offered in every chapter!
- RECENT GRADS: Fed changes are expected to create developmental job positions for you to up to two years beyond graduation. Get ready! Or apply for regular fed openings now.
- Book is balanced between regular-student and student-vet info, with about 30% veteran.
- The guide is also great for mid-career professionals returning to college to change careers.
Written by Authors with the Inside Scoop
Federal Jobs Guru Kathryn Troutman and Federal Career Counselor Paul Binkley (of George Washington University), with content from 1st edition co-author Emily K. Troutman.
“Kathryn’s book is a well-written, accurate reference source which deals with topics ranging from learning how to network to locating Federal internships. I find Kathryn’s books extremely useful and frequently use them to help students navigate through the Federal employment process and find opportunities.” CHRISTINE EARMAN HARRIGER, M.Ed., M.C.D.P., Career Counselor, George Mason University
“The content offers great federal resume examples and breaks the job search process down into 10 easy to follow action steps. Steps students can do NOW. This guide is a must have resource for ny student interested in a public service career.” Drema Howard, Ph.D, Director, The Career Center, University of South Florida